Monday, February 22, 2010

Orange you glad???

Rice crispy treat w/ orange frosting; Cantaloupe; Carrots
O for orange cheese; Chicken nuggets; Red & yellow make orange nugget dip
Orange juice

We have been talking about the color orange all week. I decided to focus on how red and yellow make orange so we did a couple activities around that. We made red, yellow and orange Play dough with food coloring. We also made an orange crayon by melting some broken red and yellow crayons. She enjoyed making both but I think she liked the end product better.
For this weeks lunch I also was able to go to target and find some cute little flower cups for her. This was the very last set so I was really excited to find them especially since they only cost a dollar. This will be our last MTM because we are going to star doing it on Sundays but I will still post with everyone on Monday. I babysit another 2yr old and 7 month old and will start having them on Monday and Tuesday. I figure I will be pretty busy on Mondays plus these lunches have kind of become a special treat for my DD. I hope everyone has a great week.

5 comments:

  1. That looks so cheerful! Looks like a good day was had with the play dough and all. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The O for orange is so cute. I do my tins before Monday. Mondays I have playgroup.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh. your "red & yellow make orange dip" is awesome! what a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very clever idea with the color mixing. I might bring out another orange tin for my daughter this week just to try that! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cheery looking meal! Very cute!

    ReplyDelete